Saturday, 8 March 2014

All about the Corals

So recently I've really been trying to use more colour on my lips as I'm not very adventurous when it comes to that region of make-up. Don't get me wrong; I own lots of colourful lipsticks, I just never have the confidence to wear them out and always chicken out last minute and reach for a make up wipe as I leave the house! But this year I feel I need to be more adventurous and maybe tone down the eye make up sometimes but complete my look with a dab of colour on the lips. 



Red lipstick and a bit of eyeliner can really make an effortless everyday make up look which I love on everybody else; bar myself. I feel that wearing blood red lipstick seems to make my face look even more rounder and my lips quite small, so I thought I'd try out a Coral colour and purchased a couple of the Stila Lip Crayons; one of which being "Tangerine Dream" which is the gorgeous corally/orange colour I am wearing. 
I feel as though being a slight shade off red still gives that effortless effect without making my face look overly round, in addition these crayons are really easy to dab and blend and don't run too much either. I literally put them straight on my lips without a lip liner or anything. I'm probably now being tutted by all make up artists out there! But it seems to work ok for me, for now. 
With this look; I went for quite simple skin with just a touch of bronzer to add a natural looking glow and a hint of the Naked 2 palette on my eyes. I also used an eye-liner pen just to add some definition to my eyes and there we have my make up which I wore today. 


I think I may try and challenge myself to wear more lip colours throughout the spring to spice up my make up a little bit more and add some colour to my face. I do really love wearing the coral colour; even though I did have to constantly check I didn't have lipstick all over my teeth! It's definitely a high maintenance thing to add to my make up, so I definitely couldn't commit to it everyday, but I'll give it a good go. 



4 comments:

  1. coral really suits you, looks very beautiful. I've actually just gotten back into coral as well, a good obsession :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! Do you have any brands you'd recommend for corals? xx

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I love coral too, and it suits you so much!!
    Gorgeous :)

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a summery colour! aww thank you! I'll definitely make more of an effort with lip colours xx

      Delete