Sunday, 20 April 2014

DIY: Chocolate Easter Nests


LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE... I want to cuddle them all! (the chicks... not the cakes...) If I haven't said already; HAPPY EASTER! Congratulations for anyone who managed to complete lent (I certainly did not); but I applaud you if you managed to survive for that long! This post is actually about the cakes behind the chicks; An easter tradition of mine has been to make little easter treats for my friends, these nests in particular. They're really quick and easy to make and taste amazing- if I say so myself! They are a nice alternative to giving everyone easter eggs and adds a bit of a personal touch to easter chocolate. 
You can just make them with melted chocolate, but I use butter, golden syrup and melted chocolate to add a bit of a richer flavour and to keep them a little softer too. 

Ingredients:
* 75g Butter
* 250g Melter Chocolate (plain or milk, both work great)
* 2-3 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup
* 100g Shredded Wheat
* Mini Eggs (3-4 per nest)

What to do:
1- Melt the butter, syrup and chocolate in a pan and stir until it's all combined
2- Crush up the shredded wheat and add this to the pan
3- Transfer a couple of spoonfuls to paper cake cases in a baking tray
4- Try and leave a little 'dent' in the centre for the eggs
5- Place 3-4 eggs into the centre
6- Place the baking tray in the fridge for an hour or so


If you can get hold of some cute easter baskets, these can make a gorgeous gift for someone on easter, or at the end of an easter egg hunt, I hope you guys are having a brilliant bank holiday weekend and indulging in plenty of chocolate;  if you've attempted these cute easter nests; feel free to tweet me a photo @ellacatherine3, I'd love to see your attempts  


No comments:

Post a Comment