Wednesday, 14 May 2014

FOTD: Gunmetal Grey


As you all will probably know if you follow me on twitter or instagram, I recently picked up the Naked Palette for £10 off the original price ( I am definitely an addict!)- but seriously- £10 off was too good a bargain to miss! -and so a night out proved the perfect opportunity to play around with the smokey, darker colours in the palette- My eyes were particularly drawn to 'Gunmetal', which I am wearing on my actual eyelid in the photo. It's a really gorgeously pigmented matte grey colour which is perfect for this look. 
I blended 'Buck' into my crease first, along with a little bit of 'Hustle' to blend in the grey colour, and used the L'Oreal super slim eyeliner along the lash line, and my new favourite ever mascara 'L'Oreal telescopic. 
You may notice that my eyeshadow has quite a harsh line on the outer edge, this is because I used sticky tape whilst I was blending to create these harsh lines, I think doing make up like this can make it look a little tidier, but also gives a great 'template' for an eyeliner wing to make it more accurate on both sides- because we all know eyeliner can be a pain in the ass at the best of times!!! 
ANYWAYS; This look is great for a night out, it's quite a subtle smokey eye because of the brown blended into the crease as opposed to black or dark grey, which can make it perfect for during the day as well, 'Gunmetal' could be replaced for a lighter colour if you didn't fancy going so dark or even a darker colour for an evening occasion- it's such a versatile look!  


I opted for natural lips with this look so that the focus was drawn to the eyes as they were the main feature, and just a touch of bronzer on my cheeks to add some colour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment