Friday, 2 January 2015

"Brows are Like Sisters Not Twins"


"Brows are like sisters not twins" may be the motto that saves me from shaving off all my eyebrows every morning out of frustration.

Years ago I thought I had to get my eyebrows exactly the same or they'd look 'stupid'... now a days I have come to realise that they don't have to be exactly the same, and it actually looks more natural to have slightly different shaped ones. I thought I'd share with you some of the products I use for my brows.


Benefit 'Brow Zings': I received this kit for my birthday this year, and was so excited to use it as I have heard so many bloggers raving about it. Like most brow kits it comes with a wax to set the brows and then a powder to fill them in, the difference with this kit is that they have also included a mini pair of tweezers... *so cute*. I use my own brushes for application over the ones that it comes with, simply because they're so tiny and very synthetic so I find it quite hard to work with them.  There are currently 3 shades available (light, medium and dark), I have medium simply because it goes best with my skin tone, but the shadow does actually come out a lot darker than how it looks in the box, so it's probably best to try before buying if you have really light brows. The powder is really soft and silky and is really easy to work with and blend, I would say the wax has a very strong smell of crayons (obviously because they're wax) which took me straight back to my childhood (god, I feel so old). This kit is certainly on the pricier spectrum of brow kits as it sells for £24.50 but it is a really nice touch to your makeup kit or a gorgeous gift. 

Rimmel 'Brow This Way': I would say this is a very good dupe for the Benefit 'Brow Zings' kit at a fraction of the price. I had never seen this kit before I received it for christmas, but am certainly very impressed with it, both for the minimalistic packaging and the fact you receive a teeny tiny spooly which is super useful when touching up your brows on the go. I also love the formula of this palette as the wax and powder are really easy to work with and can create a really natural looking brow. I would say for £3.99 it's a great dupe if you're not wishing to spend £25 on your brows (which I completely understand!). 

Soap and Glory 'Archery' Brow Pen: This Brow pen is very different to any other kits I have had/use now. It has been recommended on so many youtube channels and blogs that I thought it was finally time to bite the bullet. It's double ended, so one end is a felt tip style and the other end is a pencil/wax stick. Normally I'm not keen on pencils as usually it ends up looking like I've sharpied on my brows (which really isn't a great look!) but the formula of this pencil means you don't get too much colour from it as it's a harder wax, so I just brush it through my brows and even it out with a spooly and you're good to go. I also love using the pen end because it can look really natural if you use tiny brush strokes through your brows and is especially great if you're looking for a super natural look. It costs around £10 from Boots and is a great mid-range brow kit. Especially for those of you who prefer using pencils as opposed to powders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment