Saturday, 3 January 2015

Hello January...

(photo from tumblr) 

This post is very very late, I know New Years Day has been and gone, which is terrifying in itself as to how fast time is going! This isn't going to be a 'New Year, New Me' post because they annoy the poo out of me (but that's just me!) but I just thought I'd share some new years resolutions in the hope that maybe it helps me to stick to them!


1. Blog More: I know this is probably the new years resolution of most bloggers, and not a rare sight on blogs during January, but I really want to continue blogging more. Not because I want to become a 'famous blogger' but simply because I love doing it and seem to be able to fit in days of doing nothing but watching TV so could take a few hours out to write some blog posts instead. I love blogging and trying out new products and reviewing them but I also would love a career in marketing or design in a big makeup brand and think blogging is amazing experience.

2. Get Fitter: Before I came to uni, I actually did do a lot of exercise and would be in the gym 2-3 times a week... Now that I live 2 minutes from a gym, I never seem to be there which doesn't make sense (well it does, I just hate exercise). This year I really want to make the most of my gym membership so that going to the gym doesn't still equate to £25 a time (yes I have been that infrequently)

3. Be Happier in Myself: I have come a long way from where I was last year or a few years ago now, but I want to be even further by next year. I have learnt to feel so much more comfortable in my own skin and to deal with stress/anxiety/grief a lot better but still feel as though there are things which I'd like to work on. For example, I don't want the small things to ruin a day, if something goes a bit wrong, then look at the bigger picture and try and get on with something else or laugh about it.

4. Less Booze, More Water: Obviously being a uni student with student nights every night, alcohol isn't a rare sight in the flat, but I really want to cut down on the amount of alcohol I drink this year, as it doesn't just have physical implications on your body but also can cause issues with friendships or; as I would know, can cause you to make a complete wally of yourself. Instead; I want to drink more water as it really helps with the quality of my skin and the way I feel.

5. Keep on top of my work: I want to be more pro-active in working and not leaving everything to the last minute, I know what you're all thinking and that every single uni student probably makes the resolution, but it's something I really want to work on. Also; not just uni work but become more pro-active in making connections for work-experience and placement experience.

So they are my five new years resolutions which I would say are quite realistic, gone are the days when I would try and persuade mum that "no school or homework" were good resolutions! I feel that by writing these down I may actually be more likely to stick to them, I guess we shall see! What are all your new years resolutions?

4 comments:

  1. Happy new year and good luck with your resolutions! A lot of my resolutions are similar to yours!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you- Looking forward to reading your blog :) x

      Delete
  2. these are great resolutions, I know I definitely need to do a few on this list also! Good Luck!

    L.F

    www.luciaflorence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha hopefully we can stick to them! I did drag myself to the gym yesterday!

      Delete